After-school and weekend kids’ activities, sports, and lessons of all types are available in Greater Memphis.
- Memphis Parent magazine and the East Memphis Moms blog are good starting points for research; both include a robust list of options.
- The Triple-A Memphis Redbirds play at AutoZone Park and host special-themed nights, where kids receive free ice cream sandwiches or ballpark nachos, and can run around the bases after the game.
- For the sports-enthusiast in the family, the Memphis 901 FC Soccer team play their matches in the evenings and on weekends.
- For nature-seeking kids, Lichterman Nature Center is a 65-acre green space that is home to a variety of plants, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and mammals, and offers educational exhibits.
- The Art Project is a kid-friendly art studio that hosts an Art Free Play class where kids from ages one to 12 can come and explore their creative side with total abandon.
- High Point Climbing is a world-class rock-climbing gym that offers a range of activities for the whole family, such as yoga, fitness classes, and a kid zone, where children ages three and up can climb and explore.
- The Bluff City is a short drive from several great American destinations, from Atlanta, Georgia to St. Louis, Missouri. Find What’s Nearby provides helpful guides to a few places of note—and most are less than a six-hour drive from downtown.